* It sucks that Gene Hackman has retired. He is one of the greats.
* Remember when Mike Myers was funny?
* Seriously though, he used to be diverse in his comedy. So I Married an Axe Murderer is such an overlooked gem. Now he just does the same bit over and over, like Shrek movies.
* Speaking of Shrek, I don’t understand why Eddie Murphy isn’t funny anymore. He used to be hysterical, charming, witty. I know this is well documented, but my god how can somebody so great turn into such a fucking joke?
* And where is Jim Carrey? Has his comedy routine grown old in this new age of Apatow?
* James Franco is going to be in a Planet of the Apes prequel. The question ‘why’ pops into my head for so many different reasons.
* Has anyone figured out the end of Tim Burton’s Planet of the Apes movie yet? What a piece of garbage that was.
* I have this sneaking suspicion that MacGruber is going to be a good SNL movie (oxymoron). There is no real reason to believe this, but I think Will Forte is genuinely funny, the production values look solid, and 80s action flicks seem like the perfect genre to parody. Sure, the premise is paper thin, but Val Kilmer is the bad guy. It can’t be all bad.
* Val Kilmer is an actor that truly confounds me. This dude was in Heat. This dude played Jim Morrison. He was Elvis in True Romance. He was the best Doc Holliday ever. But this dude also starred in The Real McCoy, At First Sight, Alexander, Wonderland, Red Planet, The Saint, The Island of Dr. Moreau… not only awful movies, but the basis for a truly confusing filmography. I still think he is quality though.
* T-minus 56 days until Inception.