* What ever happened to Wes Bentley, the kid Ricky from American Beauty? He was excellent in that movie, and then he disappeared. After American Beauty he has starred in the worst collection of movies I have ever seen on one filmography.
* Val Kilmer is such an intriguing actor. He has vanished as well. Outside of Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang I can’t think of one movie worth a damn he has been in in a decade. Wonderland was awful.
* You know who never seemed to stick as a leading man? Tom Selleck.
* Remember how everyone thought Haley Joel Osment would be the rare child star who would grow into a prominent actor and never fade like the rest of them? How’s that turning out?
* Eric Stoltz? Anyone?
* Two brunettes who have vanished: Madeline Stowe and Andie MacDowell. Stowe was excellent in dramatic films like 12 Monkeys and Last of the Mohicans. MacDowell was the go-to girl for female leads in comedies during the nineties. Now she just does commercials for Loreal or whatever.
* William Zabka was the best bad dude in the 80s (The Karate Kid, Just One of the Guys). Then he was nowhere. Ever. He did show up in Hot Tub Time Machine but does that really count?
* Cuba Gooding Jr. Oh, Cuba.
* Lucky for everyone it seems that Orlando Bloom has disappeared, if only for a little while.
* Josh Hartnett seems to have disappeared too. Praise the lord. Maybe Hollywood put two and two together and realized that he is a terminal case in every film he touches.
* Was Emilio Estevez the more talented of the brothers? I can’t tell.
* I know Joe Pesci is in Love Ranch with Helen Mirren, but that doesn’t really count does it? Outside of that debacle and a bit role in DeNiro’s CIA film that I can’t even remember the name of right now, that dude has done a phenomenal vanishing act.