* You know what would be a good movie to give the 3D treatment? The Neverending Story.
* You know what is going to become a tired trend? Re-releasing old movies in 3D. Especially with Disney. I don’t need Pinocchio’s nose to come out of the screen at me.
* I think I figured out what has been missing from recent Wes Anderson movies: soul. Rushmore and The Royal Tennenbaums had a sweet center and an emotional pull that has since been absent. It was there in The Fantastic Mr. Fox, but not in his live action pictures like The Life Aquatic and The Darjeeling Limited. I hope Moonrise Kingdom brings that back.
* Still not happy about the Fassbender snub earlier this week. Same goes for Kirsten Dunst, though I didn’t have her as a shoe in. She still deserved a nomination for Melancholia.
* Sam Worthington is Russell Crowe without talent or intrigue.
* Remember Daredevil? What a dumb movie.
* You know what’s worse than Daredevil? The fact that studio execs thought it was a great idea to spin off a mediocre superhero movie with Elektra.
* Keep an eye out for Ferris Bueller in the Super Bowl commercial breaks.