* As discouraged as I've been recently by Tim Burton's recent career moves, floundering through remakes and unoriginal material, I must say Dark Shadows looks fun. The trailer is very promising.
* While the original Dark Shadows series was considered a soap opera of sorts, it would have been a huge mistake to play the film version seriously.
* There aren't many college basketball movies around. I'd have to say the best is... Blue Chips maybe? And that is only because of Nick Nolte's great performance channeling Bobby Knight.
* Nevermind, Blue Chips isn't good. I don't know if there is a good college basketball movie.
* He Got Game is not a good film despite what you might think. That being said, Ray Allen's character Jesus Shuttlesworth is one of the best names in cinematic history.
* So The Graduate is getting a 45th Anniversary re-release. Really? Forty-five years huh? We couldn't wait five more years to get a nice round number? I've never heard of something so stupid as a 45th anniversary re-release.
* We should do a 32nd anniversary re-release of Raging Bull while we're at it.
* The Graduate is still a great film, but it feels more like an extended Simon and Garfunkel music video this far away from 1967.
* Robocop is being remade. I don't think this is really the worst idea. Now, had there never been two sequels, direct-to-video movies, and terrible TV shows over the years to soil the legacy of Verhoven's original film, I might sing a different tune. But Robocop is not some sacred cow after being diluted so severely since 1987. Hell, as long as the remake doesn't have flying Robocop from part 3 I will probably be just fine with it.