* This April has to be one of the worst April's in recent memory for film releases. This side of The Cabin in the Woods, this month has been extremely thin.
* The big release this week, The Lucky One, should swing the pendulum from fanboys to the date night crowd... for those poor men un-lucky enough.
* Case in point: Last week's number one film was still from March (The Hunger Games). Now I know it's a big film, but it feels like in any other year another big film would come along in April to knock it off it's perch.
* At least we don't have to wait long once the calendar changes over. May 4 is The Avengers.
* I wasn't excited about The Avengers at first, but I think marketing is doing a good job of pushing the appearance of Hulk. I think we have finally reached a technological point in cinema where the character works well and looks right.
* Mark Ruffalo will be fine as Banner too. No need to miss Norton.
* Superhero movie soundtracks have declined since the original Batman soundtrack featuring Prince. This new song from The Avengers by Soundgarden is atrocious.
* Remember the Knickelback song from Spider-Man? Well, you shouldn't.